In economically stable times, the divorce rate is 51% and the number one cause of marital strife is money. So, in times like these when nearly everyone is worried about money, fear of job loss and dropping home values, it stands to reason couples will hit more hurdles than ever. I think there are two very important things to do during times like these 1) Don't be afraid to attack the issue - write a budget, come clean with income and debts, set goals together and stick to them, and 2) continue to engage in activities together (albeit less expensive ones) like taking hikes, picnics and reading to each other. These simple steps can help divert additional stress and hopefully, help us stick together.
Rate this article
Get the Most out of showtheLOVE!
Share what you're reading on showtheLOVE with your Facebook friends! With Facebook Connect, it's easy to post your favorites, shouts and comments to your Facebook feed.
Other recent posts
Gratitude Necklace, Inspirational Jewelry
"Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you...
It is often thought that an elephant with an uplifted trunk brings good luck. Well how about one with an...
She Believed She Could, So She Did Jewelry
What girl couldn't use a little extra girl power at her finger tips? Our new 'She Believed She Could, So...
MLK Day of Service 2011: What Are You Doing For Others?
Life's most persistent and urgent question is: What are you doing for others? -Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. ...
Best Children's Book- Claude and Medea: The Hellburn Dogs
With winter in full gear, and the holidays behind us, I am finding more time to do things I enjoy...
Are You Buying Bad Organic Eggs?
Image via WikipediaA Southwest Wisconsin hen-house raising young birds for Organic Valley. Image credit: The Cornucopia InstituteI have been buying organic...
ZippGo - Green Moving Boxes
As someone who has moved six times in the last ten years, I am sure the production my moving boxes...
- elle on Sseko Designs Support Women: i so love these! can't decide which to o
- Moona on Green Dog: I'm a big fan of eco-friendly products f
- stephruff1 on Care Packages: Happy Mother's Day to the most caring, g
- stephruff1 on Tapestries of Hope and Betty Makoni: i am stunned at this information -- i co
- scriptdoc on Friedman Thinks Gore Owes Us an Apology: Yeah - Gore needs to leave an apology on
- CheriC on What Are You Tired Of?: LOVE these bracelets! Do you know where
- apgee on Hemp Brownies?: I will take some of these , STAT!
- apgee on Hemp Brownies?: I will take some of these, STAT! where
- msgirl38111 on Rock On!: Jen, I think this JukeBox is made for Jo
- YogaMama on Hilarious Clip from Ellen Show: This clip rocks!! Hysterical
- October 2010 (1)
- September 2010 (1)
- July 2010 (1)
- June 2010 (1)
- May 2010 (1)
- April 2010 (4)
- March 2010 (2)
- February 2010 (1)
- January 2010 (4)
- December 2009 (3)
- November 2009 (2)
- October 2009 (3)
- September 2009 (2)
- August 2009 (3)
- July 2009 (5)
- June 2009 (2)
- May 2009 (3)
- April 2009 (6)
- March 2009 (9)
- February 2009 (6)
- January 2009 (8)
- December 2008 (13)
- November 2008 (15)
- October 2008 (8)
- September 2008 (2)
- August 2008 (6)
- July 2008 (11)
- June 2008 (24)
- May 2008 (26)
- April 2008 (12)
- February 2008 (1)
- January 2008 (1)